I saw the surgeon today for a follow-up. The incisions are healing just fine, and I'm cleared for all my normal activities, but no ab crunches for the next few weeks.
In the park, the water is receding nicely. I didn't check the gauge today, but yesterday it was down 1.8' from the day before. 
The tree leaning to the right is a victim
of bank collapse. The one on the right
bank could go with the next high
water event.
I saw several cases of recent bank collapse in the 100 yards or so downstream from the Starvation Trial bridge. Trees often fall when the bank gives away under them. As I was walking by one such fall I heard a couple sharp cracks overhead where the tilted trees were tangled up with other tree's branches. The tilted trees were just settling in and will likely not see the forest floor for many, many years.
No comments:
Post a Comment