I sometimes feel that I am the harbinger of death to good radio stations. So many I've had as my favorites either went off the air or changed formats and call letters while I listened. It's happening again. Local station KCUV, 102.3 FM, is ceasing operations after this weekend according to a news brief in Saturday's Rocky Mountain News Business section. The frequency will continue on, simulcasting the local "Jack" station.
I sent the station an e-mail yesterday asking if the story were true and have received no response. I'm crushed! No other station comes close to the musical diversity of Colorado's Unique Voice (one of their catch phrases). Nothing is being said of this on-air or on their web site. I will surely miss the DJs and the music. Click on the link above and catch some of their streaming broadcast before they disappear.
Update 9/1
The station is gone! I just went to the website and it is now Jack. I have to wonder now what's happening to all the events the station was sponsoring in the upcoming months. Did Jack take over the sponsorship?
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment