Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Phase IV complete

At long last, I can again sleep at night. Or at least return to sleep after the normal nighttime run without this on my mind.

The sky was covered with thin clouds this morning. The prognosticators were saying a cool day, mostly cloudy. That proved to be correct. After the normal morning routine I got busy. All in all the west side went fairly quickly. About four hours, with only a few repeat trips up the ladder for a triple check of measurements I'd written down (memory being what it is). I'll now try your patience with course by course pictures of that side.







W00-hoo! Wasn't that fun?

I broke for lunch, then started on the east side. To my surprise, that actually went more quickly, perhaps due to fewer trips up the ladder. I also did not track the course by course progression. Here now, the finished east side.


I love to keep scrap pieces of material around from projects (any kind, it doesn't matter), in case there's a need in the future. I do have scrap siding left over. More than several pieces in fact. Much will go to recycling (it is vinyl and Styrofoam), but I'll hold on to a couple pieces just in case.

The only thing left to do is chase down all the "fly" broken off the back of the siding during the project. That kept me busy daily for a couple weeks after the house siding project. And I'm still picking up roofing bits from earlier this year.

But now I can rest.

1 comment:

Derende said...

Very fancy! Looks like an art installation up there. :) Congrats!