I left from Rapid City Municipal airport and headed generally SW, picking up the highway which would lead me past Mt. Rushmore. I wasn't surprised to see it drawn in with some accuracy. Following than and other roads I tried to find the Crazy Horse Monument with no success. I think I spotted the general location, but no part of the carving was visible. I headed back towards Rapid City.
Then it hit me I should see what the Badlands look like (a whole bunch of nothing, just like the scenery getting there. From there I went up to US 14 and turned east, flying over Philip (not visible in the scenery) and Midland (recognisable by the toad pattern). I went on along the highway to Pierre where I again landed properly, on the runway.
A whole lot of nothing, east of Philip
Midland, SD. US 14 to the left, railroad (darker) to the right.
This may be it for the flying posts, unless something really interesting comes along.

No comments:
Post a Comment