Friday, December 19, 2008

Weather

Yesterday Fran, Tish and a few other "girls" had a late lunch at Las Hadas, a local true Mexican eatery. The day started clear, but clouds began showing around 10:30 and were solid and fairly dark an hour later. Flurries were forecast for the afternoon on the noon news. About 20 minutes after Fran left for the lunch it started snowing. When I heard it hitting the front window I looked more closely. Snow pellets - graupel - were falling. Then, BAM! Rruummbllle. Thundersnow!! That's sort of rare, but we've had it happen the last three years running. The flurry continued until the women came home. At that point there was over 1/2" build-up on the driveway and street. By this morning there was an inch on the driveway.

There's a cold front moving in tonight. Lows tomorrow will be just below zero, with highs Saturday and Sunday in the mid-teens. We'll have a warming trend through Christmas, but for our out of state daughters coming in for the holidays, it will be cold. Prepare for it kids.

1 comment:

Derende said...

The highs here in WA have been around 15F for the last two days, so I'm ready. Ski jacket, hat, ski gloves, big scarf. I'm only sorry I forgot to pack up any thermals.