This photo is a bit of serendipity. I was trying to take just one good picture of the lights on the bushes, with the window lights and Christmas tree in the back when I noticed that the bush lights, LEDs, left dotted trails if the camera moved. I began messing around moving the camera then releasing the shutter. There was no real plan, just motion and snap. I didn't know I'd caught this picture until I'd downloaded the set and looked at them all. BTW, the original plan to get the tree and other lights all at once went unfulfilled; not one picture is worthy of sharing.
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Very interesting! When I first looked at the photo I thought that I was looking at a back view of someone dressed up in an ancient Sheppard’s outfit, in the lower left corner. You know, with a scarf draped over the head and a head band holding it in place. I thought, how cool to have a Sheppard visit your home on Christmas.
Having the camera in motion during long exposures of Christmas light, or even city lights, has always been fun. You never know what you’ll get unless you try. One time I took my 35mm and held the zoom barrel and rotated the camera body during the exposure of a lit Christmas tree and it gave a whirlpool effect. Some day I’ll get around to going through all my old sides to find things like that.
Post a Comment