Dee came and went in a flash. Her week-long stays always seem much shorter than they actually are. Heather is due to leave for AZ tomorrow. I'm trusting she won't party hard tonight.
Christmas day was a lot of fun. Wrapping paper deconstruction began at a reasonable hour, nearly 9AM. Everyone was happy with the gifts they received. Fran got a nice extension to the Circulon cookware set we've been using for the past four months, a 5.5 qt. pot with a locking strainer lid (great for cooking pasta). Dee was given a pair of r/c cars which eject their passengers when hit on any side. Kent has already been challenged. Heather received season collections of House and Monk. Mike got a Civil War battle board game. Aly, some wonderful art supplies (color pencils and pastels) and a number of geeky tee shirts from her dad. Tish was thrilled with a gift certificate to Victoria's Secret. And finally, Santa gave me a top of the line Ion USB turntable (I've already re-recorded six albums).
Christmas dinner was a turkey (moist for a change) with red dal curry courtesy of Dee, who cooked a lot while she was here, and most of the usual stuff, but no cranberry sauce. That was my fault; I simply forgot it in all the rush.
I managed to get all the kids but Aly down to the reservoir for walks in the woods and eagle searches. Sadly, the eagles didn't put in an appearance this week -- there's no open water for them to fish so they're not stopping by or hanging around. The ice on the lake is quite solid at 8" and slick as snot, as they say. We'll need some snow on it before Dave and I can take our walk.
On Sunday there were a number ice boats and ice boards scooting around on the ice near the south side picnic area. The main area of the lake is inaccessible from the south due to a large thrust fault running diagonally from the marina to the east side boat launch ramp. Even with that limitation, they sure seemed to be having a lot of fun.
I saw this on SamuraiFrog's blog and had to expand its audience. A thoroughly enjoyable little piece of animation.

1 comment:
Sounds like a pleasent Christmas. We have one of those "as seen on TV" pasta pots and we love it, you just have to use pot mittens when you pour off or the steam will get to you. Didn't know that any of the big pot manufactures made one, cool.
I take it that you happy to get back to your vinyl re-recording! I think you mentioned in a perevious entry that you can double-speed the transfer? That'll help.
We're curious about one thing though . . . you have mentioned anything of Tish and Jeff since the wedding . . . how are they doing? . . . where are they living?
Post a Comment