First, what little news there is in the way of fauna and flora in the state park. We've had 1.25" of rain in the last three days. That means the creek flows are up today. I went to check on the beaver carcass and it's gone. It's not in a stream-wide clutter of wood just downstream from it's old location either. I suppose it's possible that a scavenger has moved it, but with all the local scavengers being susceptible to tularemia whatever got it won't be long for the world.
Poison ivy with berries
Yesterday Dave and I took a walk south along the west border of the creek. Armed with a few new smarts from Wikipedia, I determined that his assessment of a low growing shrub at the beaver pond two weeks ago is correct -- poison ivy. It's the first I'm aware of in the park, not surprising seeing as I hadn't noticed it earlier. Dave did though because he had had contact with the bush many years ago and remembers all the fun he had with the rash and scratching which he described as near orgasmic once started.
Coming up soon is Tish's wedding. Nearly all the plans are in place. The only thing we're unsure of is the number of people attending. We have a count of 49 from the RSVPs received to date and are sure there will be a few surprise attendees. On Wednesday we're going to tell the caterer to supply food for 55, and hope for the best. Fran has brought it all together pretty much by herself and has done an amazing job. My hat's off to her.

No comments:
Post a Comment