Monday, September 6, 2010

Taste of Colorado 2010

The Taste of Colorado was not as crowded as in past years (we normally go on Sunday). There were fewer clusters of parked people on the streets to navigate around or through. And the concessionaire lines were shorter.

Margo and Teena expressed surprise at seeing us -- we certainly weren't expected. The 'nip was delivered and we chatted with them for a half hour before heading out for lunch -- gyros for both Fran and me. We also got some gator tail and kettle corn.

It gets more expensive every year. A 12 oz cup of Killian's Red effectively cost $7.50, over twice what a pint of good ESB at the Dry Dock runs. This year we got only eight tickets for $5.00, rather than nine, and food and drink vendors asked for more tickets per item than in past years. It was fun but we'll have to be more budget conscious in the future.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes to the “gater tail”, but I’ll pass on the Kettle Corn. As popular as it is, I can’t stand the stuff. I’ll eat other “sweet” popcorns, caramel corn, Wright’s Pink Popcorn, but not plain sugared popcorn. Don’t ask me why, for I have no answer.

Now, some people are saying that the economy is improving but as you can tell through the pricing at your event, it hasn’t filtered down to “street level”. Although at Gold Rush Days I got a 22 oz Blue Moon with a slice of orange for $4.50, that’s not too bad, and it was good with that orange in it.

Creekwalker said...

I'll take kettle corn over caramel corn any day but will skip both for what they cook up at the Dry Dock -- basically, theater popcorn.

You certainly scored on the Blue Moon. No gouging going on there.