It's been only an hour since I booted up from the Windows 7 64-bit install DVD! Truly amazing!! Win 7 is up, Norton Internet Security 2010 is installed, up and presumably doing a hot job of protecting me. AOL (no sniping out there) is where I'm working at the moment.
Things seem to be good. Very good. When the NIS panel was being displayed it showed the system always under 5% busy. That's very much what I wanted. There's absolutely no going back as I deleted the partition HP had installed Vista recovery stuff in, and I'll be tossing the backup boot CDs I created just to make sure nobody can accidentally revert to Vista.
Now for the fun part -- restoring all the files I want to live on the machine (easy) and re-installing the applications. Progress updates, depending on the circumstances, will be reported on FaceBook or here.
I think I'll head out to Dry Dock for a celebratory good beer.
Friday, January 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment