Thursday, October 29, 2009

Our pre-Halloween storm

It's been snowing for about 40 hours and it has really piled up. Fran and I cleared the driveway yesterday before dinner. Today when we cleaned it again the average depth was 5"; where it had drifted it was 13" deep. The snow is letting up now, but the wind is increasing. Blizzard conditions are predicted for the plains east of us. The snow here should be over by dinnertime. The forecasters are predicting a warming trend with Saturday in the 50s. It looks like it will be a good Halloween. And now, some pictures.


A cornice on the end of the garage.


15" on the workbench


It took all summer for this bush to stand straight again after a
storm last winder where I failed to knock the snow off


The driveway before


The driveway after

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Burrrrr . . . . I'll stick to raking leaves, thank you.